Athlete of the month: December
Tell us about yourself.
1. I am 13 years old, in 8th grade, and I have an 11 year old brother and a 7 year old sister
What is your favorite subject in school?
2. My favorite subject is Language Arts because I absolutely love reading! I just finished Les Miserables
Tell us something people may not know about you
3. People might not know that I had 3 surgeries in a 2 year time period 🙁
What brought you to CrossFit in the first place?
4. I was invited to join by my friends on Bring a Friend Day!
What was your first impression? How has that changed?
5. My first impression was that CrossFit was fun as I loved all the fun games. Now that I’m in the teens class my focus is on working hard, doing my best, and getting stronger.
What are you working on now?
6. I’m trying to over get better at the weight training movements (squats, cleans, snatches)
What’s your favorite “BeachSide CrossFit memory?
7. My favorite Beachside memory was coming on a Friday night to do an open workout and having a party at the gym afterwards
Athlete of the month: November
Jackson Barnett has been a devoted kids member for exactly one year!! He has improved his skill and enthusiasm greatly starting out by coming only once or twice a week, and now we see him almost every day. He is a delight in class, with his quick wit and helping hand to everyone in CrossFit Kids. Keep up the excellent work, Jackson!
1) Tell us about yourself. I’m 12 years old in 7th grade. I have 3 sisters- CC, Elexa, and Aubrie.
2) What is your favorite subject in school? Science because I get to watch “Dr. Stone”
3) Tell us something people might not know about you. I’ve driven through almost 15 states
4) What brought you to CrossFit in the first place? My mom and dad
5)What was your first impression? I didn’t want to come back and now I don’t want to leave.
6) What skill are you working on right now? I’m working on having more stamina.
7) What is your favorite BeachSide Kids memory? My favorite memory is when I did my first double under