We have philosophy of keeping supplements to a minimal, especially with Paleo model, with proper diet we should be obtaining all we need through our food, but sometimes this is not enough. So we supplement our diet to fully optimize our nutritional intake, and health.
A pure Whey Protien
Whey protein is a pure, natural, high quality protein from cow’s milk. It is a rich source of the essential amino acids needed on a daily basis by the body. Protein is the building block of muscles and essential for repair and growth of muscle after exercise. Whenever you exercise, and particularly during resistance exercise, you cause microscopic damage to the myofibrils of muscle fiber (myofibrils are small protein filaments in the muscle fiber that help the muscle contract). This isn’t the type of damage that you go to the doctor for, but normal biological damage called catabolism. The effect creates a stimulus and environment for muscle repair and growth. The body responds to the damage by sending nutrients, including protein and other growth factors like testosterone, to the muscle to help it grow. And just for the record, and contrary to what many people think, protein is not used by the muscles for fuel unless the circumstances are extreme (for example, starvation). Instead, fat and carbohydrate are the main fuels.
Research shows that protein consumed before exercise and within 30 minutes of finishing your workout will help with growth and recovery.
We know our protein needs from the Zone Diet protocols and Zone block calculator, a natural pure protein is an excellent method to ensure we are getting the protein we need at every meal. Protein is not used only for exercise recovery, but is the building block of what WE are as organic beings.
Depending on exactly what your current goals are, or what stage you are at physically, it may be beneficial to supplement a protein with natural added ingredients such as Stronger, Faster, Healthier Post Workout formula with these added ingredients, added to promote recovory.
- Multi-component mixture of co-enzyme Q10, ribose and carnitine increases mitochondria productivity and maximizes cell energy
- Amino acids build muscles naturally
- Creatine boosts energy
- Glutamine helps with muscle recovery and maintenance
- Glucosamine HCL* and chondroitin sulfate controls inflammation and promotes joint health
- Carnitine stimulates mitochondria for rapid energy production
- Leucine and isoleucine promote muscle volume and strength
- Ribose rapidly re-builds cell energy stores
- Taurine improves your metabolic state and energizes your body
These added ingredients are def. not needed by everybody, but pure protein is.
Don’t believe what you read in the big print. Read the labels. Most material on food packages and supplements (yes even supplements) is either wrong or grossly misleading. The food industry now markets foods that are ‘healthy alternatives”. These foods may be marginally better but are largely over advertised and unsubstantiated. One should think of these healthy alternatives as non as bad as the others, but not necessary good for your health!
For protein supplement, buy quality, very high protein content products with no added sugars or carbohydrates
Omega 3 long fatty acid chains EPA/DHA have countless benefits, however here are 7 proven benefits:
1. Less Pain and Inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response. Through several mechanisms, they regulate your body’s inflammation cycle, which prevents and relieves painful conditions like arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis and anything else ending in “itis.” This also means faster recovery for the hard hitting CrossFitter
2. Cardiovascular Health. Omega 3 fatty acids have also been proven to work wonders for your heart and the miles and miles of arteries and veins that make up your cardiovascular system. They help to lower cholesterol, tryglicerides, LDLs and blood pressure, while at the same time increasing good HDL cholesterol. This adds years to your life expectancy.
3. Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack. When plaque builds up on arterial walls and then breaks loose, it causes what’s known as a thrombosis, which is a fancy way of saying clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it causes a stroke and when it plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Research shows omega 3 fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage.
4. Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence. Pregnant and nursing mothers can have a great impact on the intelligence and happiness of their babies by supplementing with fish oil. For adults, omega 3 improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. You’ll swear you’re getting younger and smarter.
5. Less Depression and Psychosis. Making you smarter is not all omega 3 does for your brain. Psychiatry department researchers at the University of Sheffield, along with many other research studies, found that omega 3 fish oil supplements “alleviate” the symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis (Journal of Affective Disorder Vol. 48(2-3);149-55).
6. Lower Incidence of Childhood Disorders. Just to show how fish oil fatty acids leave nobody out, studies show that children (and adults) with ADD and ADHD experience a greatly improved quality of life. And those with dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders have gotten a new lease on life thanks to omega 3 oils.
7. Reduction of Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancer. And finally, omega 3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer – breast, colon and prostate. Science tells us that omega 3s accomplish this in three ways. They stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.
For omega-3 oil products, buy liquid formulations that deliver at least 3.5 grams of EPA+DHA/dose, Also find a Fish oil that is clear of all Toxins, PCBs and Dioxins.
For a report by U.S. National Library of Medicine go to: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-fishoil.html
in the above site are also common side effects.
We use, recommend and supply Stronger Faster Healthier for our supplement needs.
Is a Anti-Oxidant that is very difficult to obtain through diet, being such a strong anti-oxidant it neutralizes free radicals (which can induce inflammation or destroy a healthy cell) Vitamin E has been shown to have a positive effect on a number of diseases ranging from heart disease to Alzheimer’s. To maximize the benefits supplement 400 IU daily. Also, high dose fish oil can cause a reduction of vitamin E, supplementing that loss would be benificial.Share on Facebook
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.